Brief Profile of the Ag. Registrar:
The Acting Registrar (Alh. Abdu Saleh Mohammed),
was born on the 12th July, 1959 in Sabon Gari,
Kaduna State of Nigeria. He was a graduate of
Bayero University Kano with B.A. (ED) in History.
He also obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in
Public Administration (PGDPA) from Ahmadu Bello
Univserty Zaria and a Masters in Public Administration (in view). Abdu Saleh Mohammed has served in various capacities in the College such as:
a. Ag. Registrar 2015 – date
b. Chairman, NUATE (Multi-purpose Co-operative Society 2014
c. Sole Administrator, (NCAT) Staff School 2010
d. Deputy Registrar (NCAT) 2010
e. Principal Asst. Registrar I (Student Affairs) 1999 – 2010
f. Secretary Staff Housing Committee, NCAT 1998 – 2004
g. Senior Asst. Registrar (Public Relations) NCAT 1999
h. Senior Asst. Registrar (Welfare), NCAT 1998
So far, the Ag. Registrar had undergone so many administrative courses both outside and within the Country e.g. NIM, ASCON,ICT, WAMDEVIN, IITA, PSI etc. He is also a professional member of the following:
Alumni Association – Bayero University, Kano Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
National Union of Air Transport Employee (NUATE) Alumni, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria Alumni, NCAT Zaria Branch
Alumni, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON).
Alh. A.S. Mohammed, in his great zeal of achievement has been commended and presented with numerous awards such as:
1. Great Northern Nigeria Achievers (Gold Award for Development (GNAGAD, 2010)
2. Nigerian Selfless-service Gold Award (NISSGA, 2010)
3. Award for Distinguished Professional Contribution to Public Service/Fellowship Institute of Corporate Administration, (2010)
4. Merit Award, for limitless contributions both morally and financially towards the upliftment of Islam and humanity in General (Ansarul Islam Society of Nigeria, Zaria Branch (AISN) (Youth Wing) 2015
5. Certificate of Appreciation presented Air Traffic Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria NCAT, Zaria Branch – 2014
6. Commendation letter for positive contributions over the success of 2015 promotion exercise. -NCAT’s Management 4th January, 2016
Registry Department is a department in the College with the sole responsibility of providing essential support services, facilitates and co-ordinates the operations and activities of all the schools and other service departments to ensure harmonious working relationships for attainment of statutory responsibilities of training professionals for the Aviation Industry.
It is one of the key services Departments that provides support services to other operations in the College.
- Effective management of human resources of the organization.
- Recruitment, training and development of the workforce, discipline, promotion and welfare of staff.
- Implementation of policies and
- Students admission and welfare.
To provide efficient support services to other operations and to maintain effective records management through a well trained and motivated workforce.
To provide effective management of Human Resources of the Organization e.g. recruitment, training and development of the workforce, appraisal of performance, discipline and promotion of staff.
- Administration and Services Unit
- establishment Unit
- Academic Affairs Unit
- Students Affairs Unit
- Pension and Welfare Unit
- Transport Unit.