Development & Alumni Relations Office Privacy Notice
This notice explains how the Development and Alumni Office (DARO), will collect and use your personal data for alumni and development activities. Nigerian College of Aviation Industry, (NCAT) is the data controller for personal data that we process about you.
NCAT’s commitment to alumni
NCAT provides alumni services to its alumni. Where you enrol as a student of NCAT, you automatically become a member of NCAT’s alumni community after being awarded a qualification. NCAT regards these services as an important and integral part of our long-term commitment to our students and former students.
Where does NCAT get your personal data from?
We transfer some of your data from NCAT’s student record system to the alumni database upon graduation. The data transferred are:
• Start/graduation date
• Birth date
• Marital status
• Student ID number
We will keep a record of interactions with you for future reference and to help tailor further communications with you; as part of this, some emails sent by NCAT may record whether the email has been opened and whether any links have been clicked on. NCAT may then supplement these records with data from public third-party sources such as media articles, company and charity filings or social networking websites. Such information may include:
• Your business details including positions, organisation, professional memberships and qualifications
• Your career highlights and other lifetime achievements
• Your outside interests and membership of groups
• Information about your ability and willingness to donate
• Information from articles in the media about you, your family details, name of your spouse or partner, your relationship with other alumni/donors/supporters and your philanthropic history
NCAT does not record ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data as part of our alumni activities. If, however, you attend an event and have access or dietary requirements you may be asked to disclose the nature of your requirements on the booking form.
The communications you may expect are:
• Postal and e-communications to update you on developments at NCAT and further our relationship
• Invitations to corporate and (where appropriate) donor events
• Graduate destination surveys to support Aviation backed initiative
• Invitations to develop our relationship that may result in a request for you to consider supporting us in terms of time/philanthropy/supporting employability for current students
• Occasional unsolicited donation requests to seek philanthropic support for fundraising projects
Keeping your data up to date
We will update the data we hold on you from time to time. For example, if you provide us with new contact details or change your details on websites managed by NCAT or social media sites such as LinkedIn we may update your personal details accordingly. We may also update your record for administrative purposes such as attending an event, recording donations or registering complaints.
Who can see your data?
Access to your data is restricted and staff receive training on data protection. NCAT will not sell your data or share your information with third parties for their commercial purposes. NCAT may share your data with trusted third parties for the purposes of delivering alumni services and will conduct due diligence and ensure that data processing agreements are in place to protect your data.
Your rights as a data subject:
• You may withdraw consent where that is the lawful basis of our processing
• You may rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you
• You may be ‘forgotten’; that is your details may be removed from our systems
• You may restrict the processing in certain ways
• You may access/obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form; and
• Object to certain processing of your personal data by us
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data. NCAT is committed to fundraising in a transparent, responsible and honest way.
Legal basis for processing your data under GDPR
NCAT usually processes alumni information under the lawful basis of our legitimate interests, specifically to support education, teaching and research and to nurture NCAT’s relationship with its global alumni community. These interests are not overridden by the interests and fundamental rights or the freedoms of the data subjects concerned. In some instances, we may process your information under an alternative lawful basis. This may include performing a task in the public interest, vital interests, legal obligation, performance of a contract or your consent.
We do not, in any circumstances, sell data to third parties and will only share data on a considered and controlled basis to third parties that advance our services to alumni.
Concerns and contact details
If you have any concerns with regard to the way your personal data is being processed or have a query with regard to this notice, please contact our Information Assurance team at:
Email: email@example.com Telephone: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Copyright and disclaimer
Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria apply the policy on copyright and any disclaimers as published. You can see the full copyright statement and read the disclaimers on our website.
Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria
Links to third party websites
Links to third party websites are used to provide further information. They do not signify any endorsement of such websites and/or their content. NCAT takes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using the linked websites or as a result of using the information published on any of the pages of the linked websites.
Comments and complaints
We undertake to deal promptly with complaints about the contents of pages on our site. Please send any comments and complaints about NCAT’s website to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information
You can find detailed information about this on the College’s web site.
This privacy notice may be revised from time to time.
Last updated: July 2020