SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Safety is the first priority in all activities at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology. We are committed to systematically and proactively pursue the highest standard of safety and health for our trainees and the environment in which we live and work.
The College shall establish safety objectives and performance standards, and make available the necessary human and financial resources required to implement safety management systems.
Our commitment is to;
- Continually comply with the Nig. CARs and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Develop and embed an organizational safety culture that foster safe practices, encourages non-punitive safety reporting, and recognizes the value of effective aviation safety management;
- Clearly define for all staff, managers and students their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the College’s safety strategy and performance;
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes in order to eliminate and mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives and/or targets;
- Ensure that no action is taken against any staff or student for unintentionally breaching the College’s policies or procedures;
- Continually improve our safety performance through conduct of safety and management reviews and ensure that relevant action is taken;
- Ensure that externally supplied systems and services that impact upon the safety of our operations are delivered, meeting our safety performance standards.
Capt. Abdulsalami Mohammed
Rector/Chief Executive (Accountable Manager)